Prof. (Dr.) Atmanand is currently working as Director of MDI Murshidabad. He also worked as Director-Additional Charge of MDI Gurgaon. He is also the Independent Director of Central Bank of India and PTC India Limited. He is the Chairman of Audit Committee and IT Strategy Committee of Central Bank of India. Earlier he also worked as an Independent Director in SAIL. He was the Chairman of Audit Committee in SAIL. He is also a senior Professor of Economics with MDI Gurgaon. In MDI Gurgaon Prof. Atmanand has worked as Dean of the prestigious MDI School of Energy Management & School of Public Policy and Governance and was also the Dean of Executive Post Graduate Programs. He was the Founder Dean of MDI Murshidabad. He has been teaching and doing research and consultancy in the area of energy and economics for the last 32 years. Besides M A and M Phil in Economics, he is PhD in Economics.
During a brief span of five years when the School of Energy Management was launched with the help of USAID and the Ministry of Power, Government of India¸ he has turned the school into a country wide popular place of higher learning. Appreciating his devotion and involvement, Government of India’s Ministry of Power has issued a letter of appreciation putting on record his efficient and dedicated services. Many organizations have also acknowledged the great leadership profile and contribution of Dr. Atmanand in area of quality education in B-Schools. Besides playing a key and decisive role in MDI’s intellectual and leadership functioning¸ Dr. Atmanand has held various national responsibilities including his association as Member of the State Finance Commission¸ Government of Bihar and with the Planning Commission, Government of India.
Dr. Atmanand is a great leader, deep researcher, professor and writer. He has authored 16 books and published more than 100 research papers in refereed national and international journals. He has undertaken several consulting assignments in area of energy, insurance¸ infrastructure projects ¸social development¸ leadership and education etc. He specializes in Public Enterprise Management, Management of Energy and Environment, Power, Oil and Gas, Steel, Financing Infrastructure Projects, Project Finance, Economic and Business Environment, Public Policy and Management.
In MDI he teaches the participants of Post-Graduate level (MBA, PGPM, NMP, Part-time PGP) and MDPs, comprising the subjects such as Managerial Economics (Micro Economic Theory), Economic Analysis, Economic Environment (Theory and Policy aspects), Macroeconomic theory, International Business, Project Finance, Financing and Managing Infrastructure Development, Power Management, Energy Economics, Energy and Environment and Economic Environment of Business. He has directed more than 90 training programs and MDPs. He was the PhD examiner and guided around 30 thesis and dissertation work.
Dr. Atmanand had the privilege of becoming the founder Editor of Paradigm, Journal of IMT Ghaziabad. In MDI he was the Editor of Vision, Journal of MDI and made it a refereed journal, increased circulation and changed its outlook. As the Chairman of Economics Department in MDI he made great contribution in area of research and publications.
Appreciating his role in policy making the Board of SAIL issued the letter of appreciation for making great contribution in the Board and in the functioning of Audit Committee (Chairman), Risk Management Committee (Chairman) and others. He was the Member of Adhoc Task Force (ATF) ,Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India; Member of Review Committee, Ministry of Aayush, Government of India, Member of Advisory Committee, Ministry of Power, Government of India. He is the alumnus of IIM-A & JNU, New Delhi.
Dr. Atmanand is a widely traveled educationist and has been all over the globe in missions related to education and teaching. His vast knowledge has been acknowledged internationally and a large number of national and international key agencies have been utilizing his services in different capacities. He is the recipient of coveted and prestigious Rashtriya Gaurav Award for his excellence and contribution in the nation building. He has the honor of receiving the Indian Achievers Award for Corporate Leadership 2010 and Economic Development Award for Excellence in Higher Education 2011. Earlier he was honored with the Exemplary Global Leadership Award 2010. He is also honored as the Columnist in The Financial Express, the esteemed business news paper of India and contributes his articles in the areas of climate change, energy efficiency and sustainability, power sector issues, and many more.
- The candidates should be able to furnish valid score of CAT 2019
- The candidates must have at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both X and XII.
- The candidate must have minimum 3 year’s Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) and completing all requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree by 30th June, 2020 can also apply, subject to furnishing evidence to that effect latest by 1st October, 2020; otherwise they may be asked to withdraw from the programme.
- The basis for computing the percentage obtained by the candidate would be based on the practice followed by the university/ institution/board from where the candidate has obtained the degree/certificate. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/institution/board from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree/certificate. In case the university/institution/board does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by MDIM by dividing obtained CGPA with maximum possible CGPA and multiplying fraction so obtained by 100.
Online Application: 2nd Phase
Applicants can apply by visiting MDI Murshidabad website.
Application Form fees is Rs.1180/- (inclusive of 18% GST).
Candidates have to make an online payment using Credit/Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI.
Last Date for submission of Application Form: Friday, 31 January 2020, 17:00 hrs.
Online Application: 1st Phase
Online application forms of MDI Murshidabad (MDIM) and MDI Gurgaon (MDIG) are common. Applicants can apply by visiting MDI Murshidabad website and MDI Gurgaon website and follow the process mentioned.
The common Application Form has the following options:
- MDI, Murshidabad (MDIM)
- MDI, Gurgaon (MDIG)
Application Form fees is as under:
- Rs.1180/- (inclusive of 18% GST) for MDIM
- Rs.3000/- (inclusive of 18% GST) for MDIG
- Rs.3590/- (inclusive of 18% GST) for both
Note: Note: After Admission in any Institution change for transfer from one Campus to another Campus will not be entertained.
Last Date for submission of Application Form: Friday, 22 November 2019, 17:00 hrs. Candidates have to make an online payment as applicable using Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Candidates who are able to furnish valid score of CAT would be short listed on the basis of the details in the application form and the CAT scores. Only the short listed candidates will then be called for Group Discussion followed by Personal Interviews at one of the centres, viz. Kolkata, Gurgaon and Bangalore/Mumbai/Chennai/Hyderabad (centres other than Kolkata and Gurgaon are tentative).
- Foreign / OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries applicants can be considered for admission on the basis of their valid GMAT scores (taken not before Tuesday, 1st January 2019 and not later than Wednesday, 20th November 2019). Applicants have to apply online by visiting MDI M website https://www.mdim.ac.in. Online registration for Foreign / OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries applicants will be Open till Friday, 22 November 2019, 17:00 hrs.
Candidates have to register for MDI Programme at GMAT website at the time of taking GMAT Examination. Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their GMAT score will be interviewed by MDIM. Government of India (GOI) rules will be followed related to admission of these categories of candidates. GOI guidelines will be applicable in determining the status of applicants. Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs.1180 (inclusive of 18% GST) using Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
Successful candidates will be intimated subsequently. The fees and schedule of payment details are given below:
Fees and Other Expenses for PGPM 2020 – 22
|Particulars||1st Year (in Rs.)||2nd Year (in Rs.)|
|Students Welfare Activities||10,000.00||10,000.00|
|Mediclaim Insurance Premium (2 yrs.)||1,500.00||–|
Schedule of Payments
|At the Time of Admission ( Term – I )||1,90,000.00|
|September – 2020 ( Term – II )||1,85,000.00|
|December – 2020 ( Term – III )||1,80,000.00|
|June – 2021 ( Term – IV )||2,00,000.00|
|September – 2021 ( Term – V )||2,00,000.00|
|December – 2021 ( Term – VI )||1,95,000.00|
Note: Same fees will also be applicable for Foreign / OCI/ PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries applicants.